Sunday, April 14, 2013

Making all Sorts of Things

Not much time for words so here are some pictures to make up for the last 2 weeks.
I washed and shrunk some gorgeous french linen and sewed on the hand crocheted lace (made by my husband's grandmother over 40 years ago.)
Added a border to the Shirt Quilt
Made another shirt quilt top from my Dad's old shirts.
I had been planning to do this for ages for my Mum but have been a bit lazy.
Now I have 2 backs to make.
Made this little quilt top from scraps and some white squares I found already cut.
It looked so colourful before it was sewn together.
It is a lot more white now.
And finished this little cardigan from Rowan Felted Tweed.
I saw brilliant mosaics gracing an underpass in Bentleigh.

Met my friends from Knitters Inc.
We downloaded this pattern from Ravelry and 2 of the members
were well on the way to finishing this little baby blanket.

And Sue decided she was going to upsize hers.
This sign was in the window of a wool and patchwork shop in Kyneton.
My husband took it because I was actually in there for ages and he patiently went to wait in the car.
He understands!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, you have been busy. Love your new quilt top as well as all the other projects. I hope your husband's grand mother's curtains didn't shrink too much. Maybe some stretching while ironing will fix it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.