Saturday, December 15, 2012

A Colourful Post

I was just playing with my wish list on Amazon when I accidentally hit the buy button and that was that! Oops I thought, I really didn't need to spend all that money. Too late, I thought. But 2 days later I received an email to say that my credit card was wrong and and could I update the details. At that point, I could have cancelled the order (but I didn't) and so just a few days later 2 out of 3 books arrived on my doorstep. 
I'm not really into autobiographies but having met Kaffe and loved his work for so long, I think I might find it interesting. Of course, if all else fails, I can just look at the pictures.
On the completed list this week was another shawl made from a single ball of wool.
This one is called Holden Shawlette by Mindy Wilkes and you can download the pattern from Ravelry for free.
It is a good one for beginners.

Way back, I stitched a quilt top using mostly Malka Dubrawsky fabrics.
I was very lazy and did not pin the rows together and they ended up being rather warped.
I bought the fabric a year ago but it was so badly put together I don't think I took any photos of it and certainly didn't look at it again until now. I get like that with work I hate. I can't bare to touch it until it is fresh and the failure is forgotten because it becomes a chore if I have to keep fixing it.
Anyway today I unpicked and restitched it up and I am much happier with it.
So here is the other colourful part of my post.
In the shade
In the sun

2 comments:

  1. Your quilt is beautiful! I hope we'll get to see more close-ups sometime. Have fun with those new Kaffe books. I like your way of buying the "oops" way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I usually buy Kaffe books just for the photo inspiration!! Your shawl is amazing, it will look fabulous on you! Love your quilt, great colour and design. xo

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.