Thursday, July 8, 2010

Its not that I haven't been doing anything...

I missed my weekend blogging because I went away for a beautiful weekend to Blairgowrie. Although it rained in Melbourne we had two relatively pleasant winter days at the beach. We went on three walks with a couple of breakfast breaks on the morning walks. At night we entertained, cooked up a storm, lit the fire and played scrabble. I did finish binding one of my quilts while we were away. Thank you Lisa for letting us stay at your place.


Last week I also managed to go to Kazari to buy the fabric for my Japanese quilt and that binding is also completed now. It was so good to go there. There were so many choices and I was lucky to have a friend with me to give a second opinion. Sometimes it can be so confusing and I really believe that the binding on a quilt can make or break the final piece.



So here is my over the top Kaffe Fassett/Brandon Mably quilt. The colours are way to crazy. I contemplated pulling it apart and making the inner strips of sashing from a smaller print fabric but in the end I just let it go. It's on my son's bed already and although I still need to do some stitching in some of the larger squares it's found a home.



So I have been sewing but not blogging. Four quilts were basted too and Castle Peeps is ready to have its binding stitched down. Phew, soon I will back at school and all this fun will be over. Love holiday breaks!

3 comments:

  1. Busy?
    You're like a machine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andi took the words right out of my mouth!!

    And I like your Kaffe quilt and all its over-the-top colour and pattern. It looks like a great winter-snuggler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your Kaffe Fassett quilt. But I think I said it before ;). And no, I don't think it's too crazy at all. I'm dreaming of winter while "expiring" here in very humid and hot weather. Your weekend away sounds just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment - I love hearing from you and your comment really means a lot to me.